The February edition of the Aquarian is largely dedicated to the challenges of studying esoteric philosophy.
Page one brings the article “Learning Theosophy: A Knowledge Beyond Words”, which says:
“It is often difficult for students of esoteric philosophy to fully grasp basic facts. Among them, the fact that philosophical knowledge is not in words, and is not conveyed by them. Knowledge has to be transmitted or achieved in some other way. One can count on the help, but not more than the help, of the written teachings. It took me quite a while to realize the many implications of this fact.”
The text proceeds:
“Between 1999 and 2002 I identified and documented the deep gap that separates the authentic teachings of theosophy from the pseudo-esoteric fantasies produced in the period between 1892 and 1933. I then naively thought that the rational, sincere study of the authentic teachings would generate an efficient theosophical action.”
Other topics in this edition:
* Preserving and Purifying: Helena Blavatsky, On Vishnu and Shiva-Rudra.
* Firmness, Accuracy, Open-Mindedness - in the Study of the S.D. and the Spiritual Path.
* A Personal Revolution: Practical Effects of Studying the Secret Doctrine.
* Swami Sivananda: The Power of Ideas.
* Why Should Young People Study ‘The Secret Doctrine’, and How? - A Message to People From 10 Years Old to One Hundred, by Steven H. Levy.
* Thoughts Along the Road: There Is a Basic Central Principle That Helps Organize Karma and Define the Way It Unfolds.
* Ivan A. Il’in: The Need for an Autonomy of the Soul.
* Truthfulness in the West - And the World Transition.
* Perhaps We Are All Blessed, For Globalism Has Imploded.
* Two Cartoons: Regarding the Recyclic Nature of Life.
With 19 pages, the edition presents the List of New Items in the associated websites.
The above edition of The Aquarian was published on 10 February 2023. The entire collection of the journal is available HERE.
Give your friends a practical tool to better understand themselves and the world. Invite them to join the study-group E-Theosophy in Google Groups.
We believe in creative action. If you want to help spread theosophy and ethics in today’s world, send the Aquarian to your friends and tell them to write to the editors making a free subscription.